We’ll do all we can to keep you safe
These are troubling times, and we’re constantly monitoring the changing situation. But we firmly believe we can deliver not only a safe and Covid-compliant journey, but also a spectacular escape. Just what we all need right now.
Our main priority is keeping our guests and staff safe and well. We have implemented stringent protocols across our operations, such as more frequent cleaning and disinfecting, wearing of facemasks and gloves where appropriate, and easy access to hand sanitiser stations. Staff will have regular temperature checks and receive training on emergency procedures.
Fortunately, our trips are naturally well ventilated and socially distanced. We use our own small, private aircraft, which means we have complete control over staff and cleanliness; it also means you won’t be packed in with masses of other people. Our camps are in far-flung wild places, well away from the crowds. Game drives are undertaken in roofless vehicles. Lodges are large and roomy, often with open-sided suites and lounges that offer plenty of space and which are air conditioned by balmy bush breezes. Activities – walks, drives, horse-rides, remote hill-top sundowners – are all outside, small group and low risk.
There’s also the option to take over a whole SkySafari departure, so you can have an African adventure in your own bubble.
Book with confidence – Covid Terms & Conditions
We appreciate the continued uncertainty around travel so we have introduced greater flexibility to our terms so that you can plan your holidays with total peace of mind
COVID-19 POLICY – Updated 01 June 2020
SkySafari continues to monitor the global situation and the exceptional circumstances that are constantly evolving. These are challenging times and we are committed to making responsible decisions for the future of tourism. We strive to operate responsibly by ensuring our top priority is putting the health and safety of our guests and staff first.
We have updated our COVID-19 Policy to offer our travel trade partners and their client’s better terms to support greater flexibility, postponement and ease of travel and replaces the previous policy issued on 01 July, 2020 and October 01, 2020.
The following exceptions to our standard T&Cs apply:
Existing & New Bookings Policy valid until further notice:
A 10% refundable deposit will be required to be paid 14 days from confirmation of the booking. The balance of payment is due 30 days prior to travel or the booking will be released.
In the event a cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to arrival, a full refund of any payment made, net of bank charges and third party cancelation costs if any, will be issued. Cancellations made within 30 days of arrival will incur 100% cancellation fees.
The above cancellation policy will not apply if;
- A client is unable to leave their country or enter Kenya/Tanzania due to COVID-19 travel restrictions / official travel advisories being in place. In this instance bookings can be;
- Postponed at no extra charge for travel up to and including 31st December 2022.
- Refunded in full, net of bank charges and third party costs if any.
When amending a booking any rate increase due to a change in season or third party costs, for example an increase in taxes or Park Fees, will be to the client’s account.
Guest Country of Origin:
We will require the country of origin of all guests that have confirmed bookings with SkySafari to be provided at the time of booking.
For any Guests in-country when a travel advisory changes, or due to depart within 7 days that are impacted by a new travel advisory will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
We advise guests who are planning to travel to secure Comprehensive Travel Insurance that will cover medical expenses, personal baggage and money loss, as well as travel curtailment, regardless of any official COVID-19 travel advisory.
Our COVID-19 Policy updated October 2021 will remain in place until further notice. SkySafari reserves the right to revise this policy or reinstate our standard contract Terms & Conditions.
In the event of any extenuating circumstances that would necessitate an approach beyond the terms and conditions, cited herein, we will review any such incidence, on a case by case basis and seek to establish the most flexible and understanding approach possible.
We remain committed to working with you to ensure your guests get to enjoy the SkySafari experience they have been planning. Thank you for your support in this challenging time and please continue to let us know how we can assist you.
We remain flexible and committed to assisting with any other considerations you may have. Should you require assistance, please reach out to us.
COVID-19 TRAVEL INFORMATION – Updated 23 June 2021
- All arriving passengers aged 5 years and older on international flights whose body temperature is NOT above 37.5°C (99.5°F), do not have a persistent cough, difficulty in breathing or other flu-like symptoms, have a negative PCR based COVID-19 test carried out within 96 hours before travel and are from countries listed in section D on this list, shall be exempt from quarantine;
- All arriving passengers below the age of 5 years are not required to have a negative PCR based COVID-19 test;
- Departing passengers whose airline or destination country requires a negative PCR based COVID-19 test are required to utilise the Trusted Travel website trustedtravel.panabios.org (or Global Haven www.globalhaven.org if the test certificate is from a jurisdiction where Trusted Travel is not available), following testing, travellers will receive an SMS and/or email from PanaBIOS firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to generate a Travel Code from trustedtravel.panabios.org to be approved by airlines and immigration authorities on departure;
- All passengers travelling to Kenya are required to obtain their visas online via evisa.go.ke;
- The Kenyan Government have introduced a digital domestic travel locator card system, which will generate a QR code to present to Port Health Officials at domestic arrivals. Travellers can access the digital passenger locator form here or via the “Jitenge” app. Upon submission of the digital locator form, a QR code will be sent to your email address.
- The following conditions shall apply to all arriving passengers from the United Kingdom:
- Restrictions on commercial flights between UK and Kenya has been lifted
- All passengers / crew irrespective of nationality and residency status coming to Kenya from the United Kingdom, irrespective of their route of travel to Kenya must be in possession of a valid COVID-19 negative PCR test certificate conducted within 96 hours before travel except children below 5 years of age
- All passengers / crew irrespective of nationality and residency status coming to Kenya from the United Kingdom irrespective of their route of travel shall be required to self isolate for seven days upon arrival and take a subsequent PCR test four days after arrival. Passengers shall submit daily health information including the results of their second PCR test on the jitenge platform / app for 14 consecutive days
- International flights continue to operate as normal;
- Travellers from countries on this list will be exempt from quarantine;
- Domestic scheduled flights and private charters continue to operate as normal throughout Kenya;
- Restaurants and bars continue to operate as normal throughout Kenya;
- Hotels continue to operate as normal throughout Kenya;
- A nationwide curfew remains in place between 2200 and 0400 throughout Kenya, until further notice;
- Face masks are to be worn by all people at all times in public places;
- Temperature checks will continue to be conducted in public places; and
- Social distancing of 1.5 m apart is required at all times.
- All arriving travellers entering the United Republic of Tanzania are required to present a negative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test carried out within 72 hours before arrival;
- All arriving travellers entering the United Republic of Tanzania will be subjected to enhanced screening for COVID-19 infection including a Rapid Test, the cost of which is USD 25 per person per test;
- All travellers entering the United Republic of Tanzania are required to complete a Traveller Surveillance Form via afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz within 24 hours before arrival in Tanzania. Travellers will receive a confirmation code, including a Unique Health Code, to be presented during primary screening upon arrival in Tanzania;
- Travellers arriving in Tanzania following a transit period of longer than 72 hours, will be subjected to a Rapid Test upon arrival at a cost of USD 25 per person per test;
- Due to the current situation of COVID-19 in India, all flights to and from India are banned until further notice;
- All travellers arriving from India, or those who have travelled through India in the last 14 days regardless of the route taken, shall be subjected to a Rapid Test upon arrival in Tanzania at a cost of USD 25 per person per test, followed by stringent contact tracing and 14 days mandatory quarantine at their own cost. The mandatory quarantine location can be selected by the traveller, from the list provided at moh.go.tz/en
- Travellers arriving in Tanzania from all other countries are not required to quarantine;
- All travellers entering the United Republic of Tanzania will undergo temperature screening upon arrival and must complete a Health Declaration form to be submitted upon entry;
- Upon arrival, all travellers will be provided with health information cards with toll-free numbers and advised to self-monitor themselves for symptoms and signs. In the case that the traveller develops COVID-19, they will be tested and treated at designated health facilities at their own cost;
- Requirements for travellers departing Tanzania will be in line with the requirements issued by the travellers’ respective airline or destination country. COVID-19 PCR testing is currently available as follows, with payments made directly by travellers;
- Serengeti Seronera (availability depending on the guest’s location and logistics), USD 150 per person per test, test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection;
- Karatu, USD 100 per person per test and USD 15 per person per test (payable directly in cash), test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection;
- Arusha, USD 100 per person per test, test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection; or
- Zanzibar, USD 120 per person per test, test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection
- Please note that the current government advice is for travellers to undergo COVID-19 testing a minimum of 5 days prior to departure (depending on the specific airline and destination country requirements) to ensure adequate time is allowed for test results to be received;
- Face masks are to be worn by all people at all times in public places; and
- Social distancing of 1.5m apart is required at all times.
It is advisable to carry USD cash to make payment for the Rapid Test on arrival. The cost is USD 25 per person per test.
3 Breathtaking Adventures
East Africa Safari
We’re committed to making your SkySafari the adventure of a lifetime as well as helping to safeguard the African wilderness for future generations. Want to know more about how we do both? Get in touch with our expert team.